Our production of A Midsummer Night's Dream by Benjamin Britten is now current. See Opera Now for an interview about it with our Freda Clark.
We will perform it next in Croydon at St Mary Magdalene Church, Canning Road, Croydon CR0 2QD on 23 June and then at the Minack Theatre in Cornwall 18 - 22 July 2016.
- Sad news: Vena Reed and Charles Thomas, both devoted life members of Surrey Opera, have passed away.
- Jonathan Butcher talks about George Hooper and his paintings on Croydon Radio!
Listen to a podcast
- See photographs from Camelot taken at the Stag, Sevenoaks by Peter Marr.
- Anyone interested in becoming a member of the Surrey Opera Chorus should contact the Company’s Chorus Administrator, Mark Edwards. If possible please include details of your singing/musical/stage experience.
- All the "Past Productions" pages include a wonderful gallery of photographs.
- Surrey Opera acknowledged with sadness the passing of our Patron Sir Colin Davis, but we were very proud to announce that Sir John Tomlinson, CBE, agreed to become our new Patron. Sir John was, of course, Patron of the Samuel Coleridge-Taylor Festival in 2012, and we were honoured that he came to a performance of Thelma with his wife and friends.
- Read Jonathan Butcher's speech at the unveiling of a new plaque commemorating Samuel Coleridge-Taylor (on 30th December 2012).
- We have now added a little gallery of photos (taken by Peter Marr) from our production of Thelma