We will be holding our annual (2016) Christmas Soirée on December 11th at the Whitgift School.
- Our rehearsals are on Mondays at 7.30pm. We are actively seeking new chorus members – just turn up at Clyde Hall, Clyde Road, Croydon CR0 6SZ on a rehearsal night if you want to be involved.
- We have added some photographs from the A Midsummer Night's Dream dress rehearsal at the Minack theatre taken by Lynn Batten and another review by Simon Ames of the Surrey Advertiser.
- Our last production was A Midsummer Night's Dream by Benjamin Britten. See Opera Now for an interview about it with our Freda Clark.
- WE now have a channel on YouTube, and we have joined instagram with handle: surreyopera.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall watched us perform A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Minack theatre, and we have a review there.
- We have added a few performance photographs to our A Midsummer Night's Dream page.
- Sad news: Vena Reed and Charles Thomas, both devoted life members of Surrey Opera, have passed away.
- Jonathan Butcher talks about George Hooper and his paintings on Croydon Radio!
Listen to a podcast
- See photographs from Camelot taken at the Stag, Sevenoaks by Peter Marr.
- Anyone interested in becoming a member of the Surrey Opera Chorus should contact the Company’s Chorus Administrator, Mark Edwards. If possible please include details of your singing/musical/stage experience.
- All the "Past Productions" pages include a wonderful gallery of photographs.
- Surrey Opera acknowledged with sadness the passing of our Patron Sir Colin Davis, but we were very proud to announce that Sir John Tomlinson, CBE, agreed to become our new Patron. Sir John was, of course, Patron of the Samuel Coleridge-Taylor Festival in 2012, and we were honoured that he came to a performance of Thelma with his wife and friends.
- Read Jonathan Butcher's speech at the unveiling of a new plaque commemorating Samuel Coleridge-Taylor (on 30th December 2012).
- We have now added a little gallery of photos (taken by Peter Marr) from our production of Thelma